Sunday, July 29, 2012

AMYCITA VERSUS THE CABLE COMPANY :]

Since last April we have been experiencing daily problems with the bundled services provided by our cable company.  Our phone and internet service would go out repeatedly throughout the day, requiring us to disconnect our cable line and then reconnect it again each time we experienced a loss of service.  Additionally, the "On Demand" feature on our televisions hardly ever worked or would go out in the middle of the programs you were watching. We experienced other issues, as well, but, to avoid increasing anyone else's level of frustration as much as my own, I will not belabor the point, any further.
Naturally, when we began experiencing these problems we contacted our friendly cable company. I am not being facetious when I say "our friendly cable company," because, for the most part, I have always been treated with courtesy, whenever I have called...which, obviously, was very frequently.  Because of this, I always overlooked how annoying it was to wait for lengthy periods of time before a representative was able to take my call, or how frustrating it was to repeat the same information, over and over and over and over and over, (see what I mean?) to each new individual I spoke with. Instead, I cheerfully cooperated with each representative, as they determined which day and time-frame would work best for the cable company to send someone out to take care of my problems. Unfortunately, despite numerous visits, our problems were not resolved, until last week... which brings me to my latest issue.
During the annoyingly, protracted time period required to determine that we needed a new cable line in our yard, in addition to a new modem, I had been repeatedly assured that my account would be adjusted for all the time I had been without service. It was suggested that I wait until I was positive the issues had been resolved though, to ensure that I was compensated for the entire amount.  This was to be separate from the several months of free premium channels that I had received already, after the repairmen arrived later than my scheduled appointment time, like the company "guarantees" on their commercials. Since they were so gracious about it, I didn't even mention the fact that those channels did me no good, as I couldn't ever watch them, since my service wasn't working.
Finally, after waiting several days to ensure that my service really did work, I called to request my refund.  I was asked how long I had been without service, and I replied that it had been over three months; since early in April.
I was told that I needed to be a little more specific, so I replied, "Okay...EVERYDAY, since early in April."
This was not specific enough either, so I was told that I had to provide the company with each and every time that my service wasn't working, or they would just compensate me for the times I had called them to send someone out.  I explained how great that would be, if only I had known about that system beforehand, so that I could have called them the 20 to 30 times each day that my service was interrupted, so that their assessment would be slightly more accurate.  I added that I would have had some difficulty doing that though, since I was unable to use my phone during those periods of time. I was finally asked just what sort of compensation I actually thought would be fair.
I thought about it for a minute and then said, " Well, originally I would have been happy with compensation for about one third of the time period involved, but now, after speaking with you, I have decided that I want ALL my money back, for the whole time period, instead."
He then explained to me that a decision like that was above his pay grade, so I would be hearing from his superiors, first thing in the morning.  I will let you know how that goes...it has been five days so far, and I still haven't received that call.  Blessings!!!  Amycita  :]



13 comments:

  1. been there done that....have great sympathy for you situation.Nancy A M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you might need to save your sympathy for the cable company. lol! normally, i don't let these things bother me, because i have far more important things to concern myself with, in life. for these guys though, i might be willing to make an exception. after a certain point i just start writing letters to the company headquarters...i have always found that i get better results when i start at the top. :]

      Delete
  2. Amy, have you not seen the commercials, never bundle. Unless they give you a puppy and a pie. I would also tell them I wanted a free cell phone to call them when theirs is out. I t couldn't hurt. I feel your frustration.
    Tom D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!!! *please note my use of capital letters* I WILL INSIST ON A PUPPY, DURING MY NEGOTIATIONS. :]

      Delete
  3. Ugh. Cable Companies.(I think the Sattelite Radio people hired their training department too). I was living in an Apartment in Harper Woods. Whenever one of my neighbors moved out and cancelled their service the Cable Man would come out and turn off my service. Try explaining this to 5 different people over the phone. When this pattern started again at my Condo in Clinton Twp., I questioned my sanity of hiring the same cable company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comcast, stinks! Great Blog, Amycita! Buff said bout COMCANT! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just keep goin girl i know you will succeed in the end! I have faith in yiu! Good luck to the cable execs! lol Michele Mcmurray

      Delete
  5. I feel your pain, Amy. Been there, done that, talked to just about every Comcast employee before I hit on "The One" *Ahhhh! Heavenly chores' sing!* He just simply had to do something from his computer to make our internet work. It took days for this miracle to happen. I, too think Comcast stinks! But I understand that AT&T is no better. They got us by the short hairs and know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only way to get through to anyone at the"Friendly Cable Service" is to call to cancel your service !!!!! then they listen . And dont go for addition of premium channels thats only 90 days and then they wanna charge you. Had a similar situation and found that they had rigged my cable to someone else in the complex so when that person moved, bye bye my cable. And they did have to put in a new line underground. All you need is one good person to help you out. And need to get supervisor of technicians involved. Most of all dont give up !!!! Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn it typed a long reply and it went bye bye. Not typing over !!! Basically you need to go the line that says you want to cancel or change service tell them you are quitting unless they credit your account !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. janet, not to worry...your first comment posted!!!! thanks, for the encouraging words!

      Delete