Friday, November 21, 2014

Remembering Those With An Empty Seat At The Table



This week I, along with so many of my friends, found myself bearing witness to the breathtaking, fragility of life.  We watched together with aching hearts, as a woman we dearly love, very suddenly, found herself needing to say her final goodbyes to her beautiful and beloved, 25 year old daughter.  It is difficult to even contemplate such a loss, or to make sense of any meaning in her death, but, if there is one, I imagine it has to do with appreciating all of life's ordinary moments; those which we have, so generously, been given but that we, so often, fail to take notice of.  
For many of us, our most precious gift in life has been the lives of our children. The privilege of a lifetime of ordinary moments spent with them, and the comforting knowledge that we will go to our graves knowing that many more ordinary moments await them, after we are gone.  For a painful few that is not the case, and I will make special note of that this Thanksgiving, as I give thanks for each chair filled at my dinner table, while remembering with much love, those whose table, this year, will hold an empty seat for the first time. 
Much love to you and yours, Angel...and may you find comfort in the knowledge that Christina will remain in our hearts always. 

Blessings, Amycita 

4 comments:

  1. Better than anyone could have said. I dont have children but I know it is the worst pain to lose a child. A reminder to not waste time being angry or hateful Life is much too short xo Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete